# Manufacturer Portal
The Manufacturer Portal allows manufacturers to retrieve up-to-date metrics and information regarding their parts in the TrustedParts.com system. Learn more here:
# Manufacturer Portal Features
The Manufacturer Portal offers the following features based on ECIA membership status:
|Portal Features||Non-Members||ECIA Members|
|Search/Click Analytics Report||✔|
|Authorized Distributor Report||✔||✔|
|Channel Inventory Profile Tool||✔|
Please see the ECIA association website for more information on the benefits of ECIA membership (opens new window) for manufacturers.
# Manufacturer Portal Access
Any manufacturer may request access to the TrustedParts.com Manufacturer Portal:
# If you do not have a user account:
- Register (opens new window) for a new account, and verify your email address.
- Follow the instructions below for users who already have an account.
# If you have a user account:
- Sign in (opens new window) to your account. This takes you to the My Account page.
- Select the Additional Features tab.
- Under Features You May Request, click the Manufacturer Portal link.
- Fill out and submit the request form.
# Links and Reports
The Links and Reports section provides a manufacturer the ability to retrieve a variety of information.
# Search/Click Analytics Report
This report lets ECIA member manufactures view TrustedParts.com search and click activity for their authorized distributors. The Search/Click Analytics report can be filtered by a variety of time frames and regions, and includes details such as the total number of searches, view/buy links clicked, popular searches, and more. The report is downloadable in Excel format.
# Authorized Distributors Report
The Authorized Distributors Report indicates which distributors a manufacturer has authorized in each region. Click View Report to view and edit the authorization status of a distributor.
# FILTER RESULTS
Show Status. By default, all authorization statuses are displayed. Use the Show Status dropdown to filter to Authorized (A), Unauthorized (U), or Not Set (N) statuses.
Filter by Company Name. To view a specific distributor, type the name in the Filter by Company Name field.
Click Clear Filter to remove all filters.
# EDIT AUTHORIZATION STATUS
To edit a distributor’s authorization status for a particular region, click on the authorization status and select another status.
# VIEW AUTHORIZATION PROOF
If available, proof of authorization can be viewed by clicking the "?" icon next to the authorization status. Clicking this opens the Authorization Proof Pop-Up. This pop-up includes:
- Proof type
- Uploaded file or web address, depending on proof type
- Proof expiration, if applicable
# ADD NEW DISTRIBUTORS
New distributors may be added to the report by clicking the Add a New Distributor button located below the report. Clicking this opens the Add New Company pop-up. To add a new distributorr:
- Select the company name from the dropdown.
- Click Add Company, or Cancel.
Distributors added will immediately appear on the report.
# Channel Inventory Profile Tool
ECIA member manufactures can use the Channel Inventory Profile Tool to export inventory in the channel to Excel (XLSX) files.
This feature is an add-on for the Manufacturer Portal, and you must request and be granted access before you can use it. To request access, please send a message to email@example.com and indicate that you would like access to the Channel Inventory Profile Tool (CIPT). Please include your username in the request and send it from your business email address. An administrator will review your request and contact you regarding approval.
To see an example of what a Channel Inventory Profile export looks like, please download a sample file. The columns of an exported inventory file contain the following data:
- Mkt Price Rank: The price rank (ascending) among the distributors for the corresponding part number and price break
- Part Number
- Distributor: Typically the distributor name, but if suggested pricing was included, this column will contain the manufacturer name for suggested pricing rows
- Stock: The number of pieces the distributor currently has in stock
- Price Break: The number of pieces that must be purchased to get the indicated price
- Price: The price that corresponds to the Price Break
# Export Parameters
# Select a Region*
Select the region’s inventory to export.
# Select a Distributor
Export inventory from all distributors (default) or select a distributor from the drop-down menu.
# Enter Part Number Prefixes
Export a specific range of parts by entering the start and end values of a part number range. For example, entering “01KTM” as the start value and “BZ33CT” as the end value would export all parts beginning with “01KTM” and “BZ33CT” and all parts numerically and alphabetically between them (0-9 and A-B). As a result, part numbers like “01KTMA” and “BZ122CT33AB” would be included, but “01KTL” and “BZ33CUBB” would not be included. Note: If you have an extensive catalog of parts, you must use part number prefixes to prevent the file from becoming too large. If you attempt to export too many parts at one time, you will get an error and will be prompted to enter a range of part number prefixes that is more specific.
# Compare Suggested Pricing
Include your suggested pricing in the export by selecting and uploading a supported file. This allows you to compare suggested pricing to actual pricing in the channel. To see an example of how your suggested pricing file should be formatted, download a sample file. Regarding the suggested pricing file format, please note the following points:
- A header row is required; however, the column names in the header row are not significant.
- The order of the columns is critical:
- The first column must contain the part number.
- Subsequent columns must be ordered in pairs (price break, price).
- The suggested pricing file upload supports up to 5 price breaks.
- USD is assumed to be the currency for suggested pricing.
# Submit Your Request*
Click Submit Request to put your requested export in the queue. When your export request status is complete, you will be notified by email and you can download your file. On average, it takes 5-10 minutes to process a request. To see the updated status on your request, refresh the page. If your request is not processed in a timely manner, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After your request is processed, you have 24 hours to download your file before it expires. Note: You can have a maximum of 5 requests queued up at any one time.
*Indicates a required action